5 key benefits of massage therapy
We all know a massage feels great, but it can also benefit your body in some unexpected ways. Massaging and relaxing the muscles can often have a knock-on effect for other parts of the body that may be out of balance.
Here are some of the key benefits that massage therapy can bring:
- Stress relief â regular massage has been clinically proven to lower levels of the stress hormone Cortisol.
- Enhanced mood – regardless of where we hold our stress massage increases theÂ body’s levels of oxytocin and serotonin. Both of these hormones can be linked to our sense of wellbeing and can lighten the mood.
- Lower blood pressure – regular massage creates relaxation in the body and mind, it also helps enhance the circulation improving better blood flow through the small blood vesselsÂ which helps to lower blood pressure.
- Better sleepÂ –Â Â massageÂ induces a wonderful calm and serene feelingÂ and alleviatesÂ muscle tension.Â This improves the quality of sleep and aids deep sleep.
- Reduced pain –Â massage boosts the body’s endorphin levels (feel good hormones) and this can reduce pain signals. When theÂ body experiences regular massage inflammation can greatly be reduced and there isÂ anÂ opportunity for healingÂ and the repair of tissues also reducing pain.Â
A massage therapy session also makes a great gift – we all know someone in our lives that could benefit from a little tlc, after all! Book a session today or get in touch to find out more.